Data Governance in Health Matters
Recording: 13 January 2016
Available to watch: 20 January 2016 Back to all events
Information governance remains a key priority for UK healthcare sector against a background of reforms in integrating health and care. It is generally accepted that sharing and analysing data will improve health and care outcomes for patients and users and produce efficiencies and cost effectiveness of resources and time. But there are challenges and barriers to implementing information sharing including:
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation (Data Governance) while striking a balance between sharing and accessing personal data on the one hand, and the rights of patients and confidentiality on the other.
- Breaking down the institutional barriers to sharing, collating, analysing data and information.
- Developing senior leadership buy-in to create trust and commonality of purpose between agencies.
- Educating clinicians / practitioners / managers on how analytics can be used to provide tailored services that suit the needs of local populations and work towards preventing health crises and re-admissions.
- Educating the general population and patients and so changing their attitude and behaviour in the use of their personal data - proving that sharing and analysing data will improve health and care outcomes, and in time move towards a more preventative approach to health and social care.
How can a chain of trust be created both for the producers of the data and the consumers of the data so that they are confident it is appropriately used and accurate for its purpose?
What is AnswerTime®
Three or four panelists and an invited audience of experts debate key issues. The programme takes about 90 minutes to make and the broadcast programme duration is 20 minutes. AnswerTime® is recorded at the InformationDaily.TV studio in central Birmingham and broadcast on InformationDaily.TV
From 4:30 Guests arrive
5:00 Answertime recording starts.
5:50 Debate/recording finishes
5:50-6:30 Drinks and snacks in the InformationDaily.TV Studio Café
Who can attend?
Attendance at Information Daily AnswerTime recordings is by invitation only and most events are fully subscribed. If you have a special interest in the topic(s) under discussion and would like an invitation to attend (subject to availability) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.